- Error codes are being displayed on the device
- General connectivity problems or low cellular signal
- Initial network pairing failure
During the initial pairing, the device screen will flash between two ‘connecting’ symbols before showing either a success symbol or an error message:
You can determine the signal strength from the symbol in the upper left corner of the display.
- Are you able to see your weight displayed on the LCD screen of the device?
- Nothing displays on the LCD when the patient steps on the scale.
- Check to ensure batteries are installed correctly.
- Worn batteries. Have the patient replace all four batteries at the same time.
- The device powers off automatically
- Low battery - have the patient replace all four batteries at the same time.
- Is the weight displayed in the range that you expect to be accurate?
- Is the device displaying in the desired unit of measurement? In the upper right hand corner of the display a patient can report the unit their device is measuring in: Pounds (lb), Stones (st lb), or Kilograms (kg).
- The unit of measurement can be toggled with the unit button located inside the battery compartment.
- Is the patient using the device on a flat, hard surface?
- Sloped surfaces or soft materials like carpet can greatly affect the accuracy of the measurements.
- After taking a measurement what code/symbol do you see on the screen?
- Error codes give insight as to what could be preventing the successful transmission of patient data - each error code signifies something different so if a patient is having technical issues with their device collecting this information can expedite the resolution process.
- Ensure that the user has tried to use the device in more than one area of the home.
- Preference is an exterior facing room near a window.
- Avoid basements or interior rooms
- Ensure the device is placed on a level and hard surface for the most accurate measurement. Soft or uneven surfaces will negatively affect the safety and accuracy of the scale.
- Have the user reboot the device to force reconnection.
- Take the batteries out of the device and press the button in the battery compartment once before putting the batteries back in.
- This will re-initiate the pairing sequence (See “Initial Pairing” below.)
- Check the network status page to ensure no network outages in their area.
- If the device is continually showing E1 and the user is unable to use the device in an area with signal, start a return process.
- To start the return process, please send an email to the Prevounce | Pylo Support Team at email@example.com .
LCD Display Guide and Error Codes:
|Weight overload error. The device will power off.
|Check to make sure the patient's weight is under the device capacity specifications.
|Low battery error. The device will power off.
|Replace all four batteries in the back of the scale and retry.
|Failure to pair-up with the system or data transmission error.
1. Request the patient move the scale to a place with a stronger signal and retry taking the measurement
2. Contact customer support
1. Request the patient reinstall the batteries
2. Request the patient move the scale to a place with a stronger signal and retry taking the measurement
3. Contact customer support
|No SIM card information was found
|Contact customer support
|Eeprom checks failed
|Contact customer support
|Data transmission successful
|(continue using as directed)